Through the month of October classrooms had the opportunity to vote for their favorite characters. Choices included Frog & Toad, Fly Guy, Henry and Mudge, Elephant & Piggie, and Mercy Watson to name a few. As votes came in, Mrs. Robbins & Mrs. Folley, the Literacy Teacher Leaders, added totals to the bulletin board outside of the Book Nook.
The results are in...Elephant and Piggie are the favorite with 67 votes!
Here are some ways to get to know characters when reading at home with your child:
- Notice what characters say and do.
- Notice patterns in the character’s behavior.
- Make predictions about what the character will do next.
- How does the character react to problems?
- What lesson does the character learn in the story?
- When reading aloud, make your voice match the character’s feelings.